Atta is a Business continuity Professional based in Ghana. This blog is to provide and share knowledge of real value to the world. The articles and posts written here are to share Atta’s knowledge and experiences in life and in the business world. The articles will focus on business continuity management, project management, motivational topics and leadership in general.
Business Continuity Management
Atta current passion is with business continuity management. Atta believes today’s business environment demands that organisations address the issue of business continuance in order to ensure survival after any disruptive event.
In today’s world companies, organisations rely on wide range of complex systems and resources to do business. Inevitably, there is potential for significant disruption to their operations through the loss of those systems or resources. Companies should be committed to ensure the continuity of their businesses in the event of an incident which causes major disruption.
Companies should establish Business Continuity Management (BCM) as an integral part of their normal business operations.
Formal business continuity programme has the following advantages:
- Minimise the effect of a disruption on an organisation
- Reduce the risk of financial loss
- Retain company and image and give clients and suppliers confidence in the organisation abilities and services
- Enable the recovery of a clients critical systems within an agreed timeframe
- Meet legal and statutory obligations
- Measure the level of compliance to international business continuity standard
Complete Corporate Continuity Training Programme
Atta Hanson has designed and built a complete continuity training material which is based on the knowledge and wealth of experience that has been acquired over the years in BCM. This is now available as a training programme known as ‘Complete Corporate Continuity (C3).
The ‘Complete Corporate Continuity’ Training programme covers all components of the business continuity with modules presented that build upon each other. The entire life cycle is explored using case studies, classrooms classroom exercises and appropriate aids.
The focus of the training programme is the practical application of sound business continuity principles, using the wealth of experience within Atta has gained over the years.
The modules included in the course are:
- History and introduction of BCM
- BCM drivers – international
- BCM drivers – Local
- BCM Lifecycle Synopsis & Processes
- BCM Standards & BCM Good Practice Guidelines
- BCM Policy & Programme Management
- Business Impact Analysis
- Risk Analysis of critical activities
- BCM strategies & Solutions
- Developing BCM plans
- IT Continuity Planning
- Disaster Recovery Plan
- Crisis Management Planning
- Testing & Exercising
- BCM Maintenance & Audit
- Emergency Management & Planning
The objective of the course is to provide attendees with an understanding of the processes required to develop and maintain an effective business continuity programme in line international standards and best practice.
This is a very important field but unfortunately, an area most banks don’t attach much importance. Attah you need to do a lot of awareness creation.
Thanks for advice. I’m teaming up with some friends to work on this.